The Client Innovation Center (CIC) is looking for a Test Specialist excited to be part in a Core Banking transformation project that aims to evolve Cobol applications with modern J2EE technologies, with cloud readiness, modularity, high scalability / performance / automation goals.
The source code was automatically converted to Java and, as a test specialist, your main responsibility is to implement the agreed Test Strategy, that will certify the completion of the migration and the readiness for launching in Production a viable product, critical to the client’s core business.
Your Role and responsibilities:
- Implement the Detail Test Strategy, by assuming that ISO-functional and comparative testing (measuring response times in a comparative way) will be performed, using COBOL programs/routines against JAVA routines;
- Create Test Cases and follow the Test Plans;
- Run exhaustive tests on programs;
- Generate Test Execution Reports;
- Perform error analysis and report the errors to the development teams;
- Re-test to ensure stability and usability;
- Assist with the Production deployment process;
- Provide assistance during the hyper-care period (after Production);
- Provide evidence that certify the deliverable provided under the transformation meets the completion criteria set in the Transformation Plan;
- Report progress, and problems to the test lead and project manager;
- Identify risks and propose preventive/corrective actions;
- Share own knowledge to the rest of the team;
- Interface with other teams such as Mainframe Specialists, Analysts, client team, Infrastructure/Security.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another field relevant to programming.
- Proven experience as a test specialist
- Extensive experience in testing back-end applications/transactions, automation testing, quality assurance
- Experience with scripting languages, SQL, stored procedures, DB2
- Familiar with coding languages, such as Java, Cobol
- Well versed in the English language
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal, oral, and written communication
- Italian language is a plus
- Banking industry knowledge is a plus
- Experience in performance testing is a plus.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Familiar with mainframe technologies, such as COBOL, CICS TS, IMS
- Tools: ElasticSearch, Kibana
Used tools and technologies:
- Technologies: Java EE 8, JAX-RS, DB2, SQLJ, SQL
- Tools: Apache Maven, SVN, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, ElasticSearch, Kibana
- Environment/Servers: Mainframe, CIC TS, IMS, WAS