Job Location: Brasov Bucharest Sibiu Timisoara
Job Type: Full Time
- Resolve problems associated with the operating system’s servers (Windows, Linux) and software.
- Monitor system performance and ensures compliance with security standards (SCOM agent)
- User management using single user and active directory domains.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
Software administration :
- BI software maintenance: support during software upgrade, software configuration, system analysis and improvements implementation, documentation and change management
- Windows server knowledge (server logs, windows services, restart routines, investigation and debug, server monitoring, CMD scripting know-how)
- Provide Technical Support and Guidance for BI applications
- Perform System Maintenance (downtimes, deployments, configuration, creation/deletion of BI objects)
- Maintain application/platform security (security rules, file/share security setup, user management)
Optional: Powershell scripting know-how, Infrastructure networking and Citrix knowledge
- Provide incident and service request support for end-users and other UCB teams.
- Work with vendors to support existing tools.
- Provide support in fixing defects and implementing new features.
- Create reports that reflect platform availability and governance.
- Windows Server administration – technical skills and troubleshooting know-how
- Analytical skills – interpret errors, monitor system performance data, and assess user information and create documentation
- Communication skills – written and verbal skills ;constant interaction with BI Platform Architect and BI developers
- Problem-solving– creative and technical problem-solving techniques, attention to detail, researching skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts.
- Basic knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP.
- Basic knowledge of Rstudio server pro (very nice to have, this is the main application we support)
- Basic knowledge of Jupyter (jupyterlab, notebooks)
- Basic knowledge of Ansible, Powershell
- Basic knowledge of Cognos BI, Planning Analytics , Qlik Sense, SAS, Netezza, Denodo
- Familiar with ITIL concepts and practices
- Familiar with Agile and Devops concepts and practices
- Familiar with technical writing (create and maintain operational documents)